Location: Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd is an innovative and dynamic environmental and planning consultancy. Due to continued expansion, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business to meet current demands from our existing clients, together with our broadening client base, through the recruitment of an experienced, highly motivated Marine Ornithological Specialist to lead our ornithology team.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector, as well as coastal projects more widely. In terms of ornithology, our work includes the provision of project specific and strategic, specialist advice across the full range of project phases (from site bid / feasibility, through consenting, and for NSIPs during examination and post consent compliance).
As part of our ornithology team, the role will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting infrastructure development projects in the UK. We are looking for an exceptional candidate with existing ornithological experience that can be applied to our existing and future project portfolio, with a particular focus on the offshore wind sector.
The successful applicant will work as part of our UK team that is responsible for the delivery of strategic and project specific related advice to developers. As part of the GoBe team you will be expected to provide robust support to all other employees, be able to help develop leads and assist in the smooth running and continued successful development of the ornithological team.
- Lead or input into ornithological related workstreams (EIA & HRA);
- Providing technical advice on ornithological matters; and
- Contribute to and/or lead on stakeholder liaison.
Key skills and capabilities
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Established track record in the field of ornithology, derived from a relevant career in consultancy, research or working for government.
- Working knowledge of the technical assessments underpinning ornithological work (e.g. CRM, displacement analysis, apportioning, PVA, monitoring design, etc.), ideally related to wind farm development;
- Experience of working within the planning process, and ideally in England, Wales or Scotland; and
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
Our offices are based in south Devon and central Glasgow, we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.