Location:Flexible with office locations in Devon or Glasgow
GoBe Consultants Ltd is a market leading environmental and planning consultancy specializing in the provision of services to the offshore wind farm sector. Due to continued expansion, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business to meet current demands from our existing clients, together with our broadening client base, through the recruitment of an experienced, highly motivated Onshore EIA Specialist / Project Manager.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector where we have provided advice to over 35 projects representing almost 30GW of capacity both in UK and non-UK waters. Our work includes the provision of advice across the full range of project phases (from site selection / feasibility, through the EIA and consenting process, and for NSIPs during examination, and during the post consent, project execution phase).
GoBe are exceptionally well positioned as the leading environmental advisory firm in the offshore wind farm sector with an existing and developing workload on ongoing Round 3 developments, recent offshore wind farm extension projects and the opportunities in the current Round 4 and ScotWind leasing processes; it is therefore, a very exciting time to join our business.
The onshore EIA Specialist / EIA Project Manager role at GoBe Consultants Ltd will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting development projects in the UK energy sector, managing and contributing to the onshore components of consent applications for multi-billion pound infrastructure projects. We are looking for candidates who can bring existing onshore EIA delivery experience and apply it to our existing and future project portfolio, with a particular focus on the onshore components of offshore wind farm projects.
We are specifically looking candidates with a terrestrial EIA background, who are able to apply their detailed understanding of the interaction of the onshore aspects of offshore wind development to our ongoing project portfolio and help expand our technical offering to our clients.
- Project management of and contributing to onshore related workstreams, particularly in relation to the onshore egrid connection aspects of offshore wind farm projects (e.g. site selection and optioneering studies, EIA management, consent application and post consent compliance);
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our clients;
- Contributing to and/or leading on stakeholder liaison in support of our clients; and
- Developing new leads and expanding the GoBe offering to our existing and new client base.
Key skills and capabilities
- Chartered membership of a relevant professional organisation (or working towards such accreditation);
- Educated to at least degree, but preferably MSc, level in a relevant onshore discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Established track record of providing EIA for major onshore infrastructure development projects in the UK (preferably linked to the energy sector such as linear grid schemes, conventional or renewable energy generation schemes), with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of the EIA process and the technical assessments underpinning onshore consenting work;
- Experience of working within the planning process, ideally in England, Wales or Scotland; and
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
We offer flexible working with offices in south Devon and central Glasgow, we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience and other benefits including 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Company pension scheme, Annual bonus scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Professional Memberships, Employee Benefits portal offering discounts and cashback offers, free on-site parking (Devon offices) and free tea/coffee. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.