GoBe Consultants Ltd is an innovative and dynamic environmental and planning consultancy. Due to continued expansion, GoBe is now undertaking further growth of our business to meet current demands from our existing clients, together with our broadening client base, through the recruitment of an experienced, highly motivated EIA Specialist / Manager.
GoBe specialise in providing high quality, environmental and planning advice to blue chip companies with a particular focus on the offshore wind farm development sector, as well as coastal projects more widely. Our work includes the provision of advice across the full range of project phases (from site bid / feasibility, through consenting, and for NSIPs during examination and post consent compliance).
The EIA Specialist / Manager role at GoBe Consultants Ltd will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most exciting development projects in the UK energy sector. We are looking for an exceptional candidate who can bring existing onshore EIA delivery experience and apply it to our existing and future project portfolio, with a particular focus on the onshore components of offshore wind farm projects.
We are specifically looking for a candidate who has a terrestrial EIA background and is able to apply their detailed understanding of the interaction of the onshore aspects of offshore wind development to our ongoing project portfolio and help expand our technical offering to our clients.
- Project management of onshore related workstreams working on offshore wind farm and coastal development projects (e.g. site selection and optioneering studies, consent application and post consent compliance);
- Providing technical advice and strategic direction to our clients;
- Contribute to and/or lead on stakeholder liaison; and
- Develop new leads and expand the GoBe offering to our existing and new client base.
Key skills and capabilities
- Chartered member of professional Organisation;
- Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant onshore discipline;
- Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
- A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
- Established track record of providing environmental and planning advice for linear infrastructure projects in the UK (preferably linked to the energy sector such as grid reinforcement projects, conventional or renewable energy generation schemes), with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience;
- Working knowledge of the technical assessments underpinning onshore consenting work; and
- Experience working with regulators and stakeholders.
Our offices are based in south Devon and central Glasgow, we offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions and desirable office locations.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.