Due to an increasing workload from our clients in the offshore renewables sector, GoBe is now seeking to recruit a number of additional employees at consultant grade.
Location: Devon, Glasgow or Edinburgh
GoBe Consultants Ltd (GoBe) is an environment and planning consultancy providing planning services across the renewable (wind, wave and tidal energy), aggregate, nuclear, oil & gas, ports & harbours and public sector markets. GoBe has a reputation for the provision of high quality reports and advice.
The role represents an exciting opportunity for highly motivated individuals to support the provision of services on major offshore wind farm projects across the UK.
The successful candidate will work as part of the GoBe UK team contributing to the successful delivery of EIA and planning services to our Clients and will be expected to work both independently and as part of larger multi-disciplinary teams. The role will involve data interpretation and presentation, report writing and supporting in the provision of advice and guidance to our clients on a range of issues. You will of course be supported by experienced project managers, the Directors and a team of expert technical advisors.
• Provision of technical and project management support on our UK project portfolio;
• Assist in business development activities;
• Support on client liaison.
• Undertake assistant project management role;
• Management of technical input into consent related documentation and technical writing (such as Scoping Reports, EIA, HRA and post consent monitoring plans);
• Support on stakeholder engagement;
• Educated to at least degree level, but preferably MSc level, in a relevant technical discipline;
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in environmental consultancy, preferably working on offshore wind projects;
• Excellent written and oral communication, organisational and time management skills;
• A professional manner with strong inter-personal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels;
• Self-motivated with an ability to work on own initiative and as part of a growing team; and
• Proficiency in Microsoft excel, word and pdf software;
• Proven track record in a related discipline with a background in one of the marine sciences;
• Demonstrable report writing and document production experience;
• Demonstrable experience of stakeholder engagement;
• Demonstrable understanding of the development process, the marine UK consenting process, the emerging regulatory framework and relevant Government policy; and
• Demonstrable understanding of marine renewable energy technologies / coastal development and an understanding of the interaction of such development with the receiving environment;
• Proven GIS skills
• Proficiency in MS project or similar
• Proficiency in MS access or similar database software;
• Knowledge of statistical data analysis software
• Demonstrable presentational skills
The Environmental Consultant role at GoBe will provide you with the opportunity to work in and help shape a rapidly developing and dynamic company involved in some of the largest and most challenging marine development projects in the UK. We recognise the value of equal employment opportunities and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, 25 days holiday and a flexible working policy. The successful candidate will be based at one of our offices in either Devon, Glasgow or Edinburgh. We offer industry competitive salaries commensurate with experience, with associated benefits. We value the wellbeing of our staff and this is reflected in our flexible working conditions.
To apply, please e-mail your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for submissions: 10th January 2017