Senior or Principal Consultant Role:
The role represents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to help shape the direction and growth of the business in Scotland and the wider UK. In performing the role, the candidate will become an important and influential member of the GoBe team.
The successful candidate will form part of our experienced team in Glasgow, providing consultancy advice to our existing clients in addition to developing the business across existing and new sectors. The preferred candidate will be expected to work both independently and to lead larger multi-disciplinary teams to deliver support on multi-billion pound offshore energy infrastructure projects.
In delivering the role you will be supported by the company directors and senior staff from both our Scottish and English offices and will be expected to support the existing team in Glasgow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To support the delivery of large scale marine and coastal infrastructure projects, in the following areas:
- Project management including client liaison
- EIA delivery (including technical assessments and report writing)
- Consenting and planning advice
- Post-consent compliance (including ECoW type roles)
- Stakeholder consultation and negotiations
- To work closely with the GoBe management team to identify and cultivate new business opportunities in our existing core markets and seek new markets
- To provide technical and/or management support to other team members
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in a related discipline (or equivalent level)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing and delivering consents for marine or coastal projects in at least one of GoBe’s core sectors or demonstrably transferrable experience from other sectors
- Experience of liaising with clients and stakeholders
- Project management experience including management of subcontractors and associates financial management and administration
- EIA and technical report-writing
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a growing team
- Business development and tender preparation
- MSc or higher in a related discipline (or equivalent level)
- Understanding of project development, the Scottish consenting process and relevant Government policy
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff or other line-management experience
- IEMA membership or chartered status (or similar, relevant professional membership or accreditation)
- Knowledge of additional core company markets
- Established client and stakeholder relationships
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunities and are committed to promoting fairness, equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We offer a competitive salary plus a range of benefits including a contributory pension, discretionary company bonus, generous holiday and a flexible working policy.
Candidates should send CV and cover letter to Jeni@gobeconsultants.com
Friday 8th July 2016